- B.A. in Economics and Political Science, Hobart & William Smith Colleges
- M.A. in Economics, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Political Economy
- Social Theory
- Power & Ideology
- Neoliberalism & Mass Incarceration
- Economic Principles and Problems
- Political Economy of Neoliberalism
- Deconstructing Power
- The State and The Economy
Curriculum Vitae – Feb. 2023
Peer-Review Journal Publications
- Powell, Jacob. (Forthcoming) The Instrumentality of Ceremonial Habits of Thought. Journal of Economic Issues.
- Powell, Jacob. (Forthcoming) Progressive Path-Dependency? Journal of Economic Issues.
- Powell, Jacob. (2021) The Non-Evolutionary and Non-Benign Character of Stylized Facts. Journal of Economic Issues, 55(2): 349-358.